What is going on now?

Hello again Jan and everyone,

I'm still writing that status port application of mine and I came across
a problem with a MCU and the status port.

RCF|xxx:1720|xxx:h323_ID=xxxxxxxxx:dialedDigits=...:dialedDigits=xxxxxxxRCF|xxx:47711|xxx:h323_ID=xxx:dialedDigits=xxx:email_ID|terminal|8323_endp

I noticed this problem when my parsing routine for the status port
messages failed. There are two RCFs on that single line. The first one
is a MCU that registers with 44 different names on the gatekeeper and
the second a normal software endpoint. It seems to me that the MCU's
registration with 44 names is too long and gets truncated when printed
out on the status port. The MCU's own settings pages say that all of the
44 names are registered properly on the gatekeeper and calling them
through the gatekeeper seems to work without a problem. The registration
line of the MCU seems to get truncated at approximately 1003 characters
leaving out the \r\n characters that would properly terminate the line
on the status port and that causes my code to break. According to my
calculations the line should be 1057 lines long and it is likely that it
will get even longer later as new conferences get added to the MCU.

I got the same problem with gnugk versions 2.3.0 and 2.2.8 so it doesn't
seem to be a new thing. I guess people just haven't needed to use that
many aliases with just one MCU or endpoint before?

Regards,
Esa