Reading lines from the status port

Hi,

I'm writing an application that uses the status port and I have a simple
question about how the status port works.

Does the gnugk guarantee that all responses that it writes to the status
port that are multiple lines long like for example for commands like !
and ? are written without interruption so that I can trust that it will
never insert for example an extra RRJ or something between the beginning
and the end of the response for the ! command when I'm not filtering out
anything?

Best Regards,
Esa