A Suggestion About a New Feature

Hi Everyone,

On the http://www.gnugk.org/new-features.html page there is the idea of
user defined events handlers like for example in the form of a Perl API.
That got me thinking that I'd love a module that could provide a simple
(TCP?) socket based interface for passing any event from and to an
external program in the same kind of simple text format as the status
port or in some other text format like for example JSON (there should be
plenty of open source JSON libraries available) or something so that it
would trivial to parse with a program written in any language. I think
that a feature like this would seriously rock as it would make the
gatekeeper a lot more programmable and versatile. What do you think? Is
this a good idea, a bad idea or just plain unnecessary?

Have a good weekend everyone,
Esa