Re: H.460.18 and H.460.19 support for GnuGk and slight change in license

Hi,

I have committed an implementation to the CVS now. Please test it!

There is one thing to consider when you are making modified versions of
GnuGk: We got a H.460.18/.19 patent license from Tandberg for the GnuGk
Project. I'm not a lawyer and I haven't been able to get a clear answer
from Tandberg how far this license applies to modified versions, so you
have to use your own judgment. You can see the license text at
http://www.tandbergusa.com/collateral/tandberg-ITU-license.pdf
http://www.tandberg.com/collateral/tandberg-ITU-H460-license-agreement.pdf

When you compile GnuGk, H.460.18/.19 has to be enabled explicitly:
./configure --enable-h46018

You have to compile with H323Plus to enable it. I use the CVS version
along with PTLib 2.4.5, but the release version works as well, if you
patch the Linux src/Makefile:
http://www.gnugk.org/download/src-Makefile-h46018.patch

In your config you have to enable it
[RoutedMode]
EnableH46018=1

All H.460.18 calls will automatically be placed in proxy mode so you
don't have to enable proxy mode for all calls.

You can disable H.460.18 in [EP::...] sections with DisableH46018=1.

For neighbors, you can use [Neighbor::...] UseH46018=1 to keep open a
pinhole as described in H.460.18, but I haven't found a gatekeeper
besides GnuGk to test this with.

Have fun,
Jan