Réf. : Confirm response not using requested address

No comment on my problem?
Does anybody understood what I wrote at least? ;)
If so, do you agree my last lines?
        "The answer should always use the IP address originaly used in the request.
       This also should be the case on any future connexion (not only on request/confirm)"

Thanks
--
Pascal Greliche (Société ALTEN)
Ingénieur Réseaux et systèmes UNIX

14, rue de la Violette
22100 DINAN
Phone: +33 2 96 85 67 86

"Pascal GRELICHE" <pascal.greliche@xxxxxxxxx>

29/10/2008 15:04
Veuillez répondre à GNU Gatekeeper Users
Remis le : 29/10/2008 15:08

        Pour :        openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc :        (ccc : Pascal GRELICHE/EXT/SAGEM)
        Objet :         Confirm response not using requested address

Hi,

I have a server running gnugk with a network configuration a little tricky.
I'll explain the parts of the config that are rellevant.
I have eth1 using vlan (I think it would not change the problem if it were not using vlan...)
eth1.10 (vlan 10) has an IP Address 172.31.10.254/24
the lo has its usual address 127.0.0.1 but I added some aliases:
lo:0 address is 193.252.20.34
lo:5 address is 193.253.73.89

here is part ot the routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
172.26.0.0      172.31.10.1     255.255.0.0     UG    0      0        0 eth1.10

An endpoint (IP address 172.26.35.2) is requesting gatekeeper at 193.253.73.89
but the gnugk is responding with the confirm using 172.31.10.254 as the source IP address!

I can't use the option "Home=193.253.73.89" because I have other endpoints requesting at 193.252.20.34

Here is a capture showing the issue.

The answer should always use the IP address originaly used in the request.
This also should be the case on any future connexion (not only on request/confirm)

Thanks

--
Pascal Greliche

" Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attaches peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire escompte, merci d'en informer l'expediteur immediatement et de detruire ce courriel ainsi que tous les documents attaches de votre systeme informatique. Toute divulgation, distribution ou copie du present courriel et des documents attaches sans autorisation prealable de son emetteur est interdite."

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited."