Re: Telnet Problem

Hi Hassan,

please let us know what you find.

I've seen a similar case where a GnuGk 2.2.7 on Linux would stop
statusport output under high load (~500 calls) while another machine
(same hardware, same GnuGk version) would still send all output under
the same load.

In this case it would stop after a few hunderd KB and so far I didn't
find why. If you run tests, it would be good if you could monitor
system resources such as sockets etc. Maybe we can find a pattern when
this is happening.

Regards,
Jan

Nyamul Hassan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Aroung a year ago, I had reported a problem with the new 2.2.5 branch (running on Windows Server 2003) that there was a problem with the telnet not working if the output 10kb (output of the cv command).  This problem was subsequently looked into my Michal, and improved in the 2.2.6 version where a telnet from the localhost (Windows Server 2003) was running ok.  However, from remote windows sytems, running both PuTTY and Microsoft clients, I still get logged off after 10kb of content.
>
> I then went on writing a PHP scrit that does a socket connection on the GkStatus port and gets the output of "cv" command every 30 seconds.
>
> Today, the PHP script failed when the load was around 280+ calls (connected + trying).  Running the regular Microsoft telnet client, I couldn't get more than exactly 36kb of data, although my PHP clients 280+ calls indicated at least 2.5 times that size was received nicely.
>
> The load has reduced now, so can't run tests now.  When the load comes later today, I plan to do the following:
> 1.  Try a local PuTTY client
> 2.  Try a level 6 trace when the "cv" command is run from both remote and local clients.
>
> In the meantime, if any of you guys out there have any more suggestions, please let me know.
>
> BTW, this used to work fine in 2.2.4, and we've seen call loads higher than 350.  The only problem in that version was the EXE file used to grow in size gradually.  So, had to restart the GK every 2 - 3 days, depending on call load.  Since 2.2.5, the memory problem has been solved beautifully.  My GK is running for 34 days 04:26:44 at this time of writing.
>
> Thank you all, for your help.
>
> Regards
> HASSAN

just about anything Open Source.