How to get GK to detect codec being used???

Hi,

I'm a newbie to C++, and am having some difficulties with GnuGK

I've compiled GnuGK with Microsoft Visual Studio, because I want to implement some kind of bandwidth control (not the static 1280)

It's compiling and running properly.

The basic idea is:
Somehow get the GK to determine the codec being used when a call is made (does it already detect the codec being used? In what source code file?)
Implement a lookup text file which lists the different codecs and respective bandwidths required, and then set the bandwidth for the call to this value

Does this sound feasible???

Any ideas or hints on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. I have experience with C, but not with C++ :(

BTW, I know the GK doesn't perform compression etc. I just need it to detect the codec being used if possible

Thanks heaps!

Bec

Join Lavalife for free. What are you waiting for?