Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 6:46 PM
Subject: RE: How do I setup a conference server

Andrew

Th easiest way is to download the windows installer for GnuGk v2.2.6 and in the installer contains the configuration of installing GnuGk behind a NAT box. You will need to do some port forwarding in the router, the installer will tell you which ports you need to forward. You should also install a DDNS service on the machine such as www.dyndns.com or www.noip.com and enter that address in the installer. This will configure the device to appear to be on the outside of the NAT so other people can contact you.

Go to www.pacphone.com and download the secureMCU installer and install it on the same machine as the gatekeeper, when installed register it with the gatekeeper via the web interface, make sure you set the gatekeeper username, that is the name for people to contact the MCU.

For local and remote users use the pacphone client. It can be installed behind NAT boxes without any problems and you register the clients to the DDNS address you used for your gatekeeper. This will allow all your clients to talk to eachother.

To host a conference you can go to the web interface of secureMCU and invite users to a conference or tell everyone to call the username used for the gatekeeper.

I hope that helps

Simon