Re: Problem with call setup using ENUM on GNUGK226

Jan

The SRV routing policy can be used to send LRQ's after the ENUM policy. This
requires a _H323ls._udp. SRV records to locate the RAS port of the
gatekeeper. Interesting it seems the h323 url (according to H.323 Annex O)
only return a host address (ie call signalling), you need an SRV record to
resolve the RAS port to send an LRQ.

Anyway for those that are interested in testing the ENUM policy you can get
a free ENUM at e164.org and you point the record to your gatekeeper
h323:user@address:1721 (don't forget to allow unregistered callers in the
ini)

In general restricting ENUM, SRV and the new RDS (SRV records hosted in an
assigned domain) to only ARQ and Setup should be OK as these are really
local gatekeeper functions however I agree with your assertions with respect
to the SQL policy and LRQ.

Simon