Re: Reload time and config question

Hi,
we are using kill - HUP for reload:-)

For Michal:
I tested reload on gatekeeper without any load just with one registered gateway. There was no call before, during and after reload. Billing backend is on same PC. Reload is taking on this machine same time as in production environment - almost one minute.
The problem is really with routing tables. We have more than 25 gatekeepers configured as neighbor. On each gatekeeper is registered up to 300 gateways and terminals, each one with  separate number. This mean a lot of entries in [RoutingPolicy] and [Neighbor::xxxx] sections.
Config files are generated from SQL, and they are distributed to all gatekeepers by script at same time.
I need to add more entries to config. And I am looking some solution.
Is routing by virtual queue only solution?
Thanks
Jiri

Jerry napsal(a):

Hi,
instead of send reload command from status port
if I use gk.initd.redhat to reload, in check I see it
        kill -HUP `cat $GKPID`
        RETVAL=$?
Will the gatekeep also lock all calls?
Thanks

Zygmuntowicz Michal <m.zygmuntowicz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
If your reload time is so long, it's possible that some of your gateways
or your billing backend have long response times. To reload the config,
the gatekeeper has to lock all calls. This means no outgoing call setup
is in progress and all auth/acct modules finished their work. Otherwise
the gatekeeper waits till all tasks have finished.
I am not sure, if using SQL config will improve performance (it will
definitelly
improve config management).