question about FileIPAuth

Hi there,

I'm trying to do some special things with FileIPAuth but I can't
manage to make it work.

Basically I want to prevent anyone from registering using
a prefix already in use, allow only some prefixes
for some internal IP addresses, and prevent all IP address
not on our local network from registering with our gatekeeper
(but of course ALL external IP addresses should be able to
place or receive calls managed by our gatekeeper, through their
own gatekeepers defined in our neighbors)

No matter what I do, I'm always in a situation where some RRQs
are rejected with RRJ securityDenial

First, my ISDN gateway defines ten prefixes, from 70 to 79.

Second, my MCU defines a bunch of aliases (not prefixes) beginning
either by 6, 8 or 9.

Third, for all other IP addresses from the local network, I want
to only allow them to register aliases beginning with 1 or 2.

So I've done this :

[Gatekeeper::Auth]
FileIPAuth:required;RRQ
default=allow

[FileIPAuth]
; Gateway IP address : we want to allow prefixes 70 to 79 only.
192.168.1.100=allow;7
; MCU IP address : we want to allow all aliases it wants
; to register, because it's easier...
192.168.1.101=allow
; All other IP addresses : we want to only allow aliases
; which begin with 1 or 2
192.168.1.0/24=allow;1,2
; finally all external IP addresses can't register to our gatekeeper
any=reject

And this doesn't work, for example if 192.168.1.200 tries to
register alias 144 or 287, which begin with 1 or 2, it is rejected.

Now if I remove all prefix numbers and just put 'allow' on all lines
my endpoints can register again, but of course with any alias number.

Any idea what I do wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Jerome Alet

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/