Re: LDAP through PostgreSQL stored procedures

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 09:34:22AM +0200, Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
> Clear text passwords are expected when communicating between
> GnuGk and SQL backends.
>
> I would not expect endpoints to send clear text password (so you
> could use them inside SQL modules). Endpoints usually send password hashes.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are saying, because to me
it is self contradictory.

I'm not talking about the password used to connect to the SQL backend
itself.

I'm talking about the password (h235password) I must return to GNU GK
SQLPasswordAuth query.

If I return a clear text password, but endpoints register with a hash,
is GNU GK able to check if they match ?

If I return a hash, and endpoints register with a hash, then it's
easy to see if they match BUT the hashing must be the same.

So : which type of password should I return in the h235password
column from my SQL query ? clear or hashed, and if hashed which
hashing algorithm ?

Currently my LDAP server doesn't contain any h235 or h350 related
information, so I'm completely free to store whatever I want,
but I must know what to store before doing it.

Thanks in advance

Jerome Alet

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/