Re: Configuration of GnuGk and openmcu

Thanks so much claude and Dimitris Daskopoulos for your post...
First I make this gnugk.ini:

[Gatekeeper::Main]
FortyTwo=42
Name=gnugk
TimeToLive=600
[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=1
H245Routed=1
AcceptNeighborCalls=1
AcceptUnregisteredCalls=0
RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=1
DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1

[GkStatus::Auth]
rule=allow

[Gatekeeper::Auth]
FileIPAuth=required;

[FileIPAuth]
192.168.0.1=allow
192.168.0.2=allow ;endpoint1
192.168.0.3=allow ;endpoint2
192.168.0.4=allow ;endpoint3

[RoutingPolicy::OnARQ]
default=explict,intenal

Is FileIPAuth enough or I have to use AliasAuth too?

[RasSrv::RRQAuth]
endpoint1=sigip:192.168.0.2:1721
endpoint2=sigip:192.168.0.3:1721
endpoint3=sigip:192.168.0.4:1721

Then for openmcu I use windows executables version because openmcu and gnugk run on windows machine while endpoints are linux machine with suse 10.1 and Ekiga for client. So Dimitris' configuration file isn't adapted for my case.

I make this openmcu.ini:
[Options]
gatekeeper=192.168.0.1
require-gatekeeper=true
video=true
videolarge=true

Is this enough?

Best regards and sorry for my english...:-)

Dimitris Daskopoulos <dimitris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi pippo.

pippo pippo wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> can someone help me about the configuration of gnugk and openmcu?
> I want to run gnugk and openmcu in the same machine with IP address
> 192.168.0.1

That's fine, you can run them both on the same machine.
GnuGk utilizes ports 1719 and 1721 by default
and OpenMCU utilizes port 1720 by default.

> I suppose that in the configuration file of the gatekeeper I have to add
> this lines:

Make sure you start off by selecting a sample GnuGk config from the distribution.

> [RoutingPolicy::OnARQ]
> default=vqueue,explicit,internal

yes, that will do, even though you don't necessarily need vqueues.

> [CTI::Agents]
> VirtualQueueRegex=^([^m]|m[^c]|mc[^u]|mcu[^_]).*$
>
> ...are these line right? Do I add something else?

You probably do not need the vqueue section.
Start with a sample GnuGk config
and avoid authentication of endpoints to begin with,
so all endpoints are allowed to register freely.
Once working, think about securing your GnuGk.

> The configuration of openmcu may be this:
>
> [Options]
> username=mcu
> listenport=1718
why change the default port of 1720?

> require-gatekeeper=True
This is needed, to trigger gatekeeper registration.

> gatekeeper=192.168.0.1

I think you can only specify the --gatekeeper option on the OpenMCU command
line. Run openmcu --help to view the available options.

Start OpenMCU with --execute --console --ini-file ~/.pwlib_config/openmcu.ini
--gatekeeper 192.168.0.1
where ~/ is the home of the user starting OpenMCU and the ini file contains
something like this:

[Parameters]
Username=openmcu
Password=
Log Level=4
HTTP Certificate=server.pem
HTTP Port=1420
Gatekeeper Mode=Use gatekeeper
Interface Array Size=0
Enable video=True
Video frame rate=10
Video quality=10
Default room=main
Connecting WAV File=/usr/share/openmcu/sounds/connecting.wav
Entering WAV File=/usr/share/openmcu/sounds/entering.wav
Leaving WAV File=/usr/share/openmcu/sounds/leaving.wav
Call log filename=/var/log/openmcu/openmcu.log
Force split screen video=False

Looking at the logs on the console, you should see OpenMCU trying to discover
the gatekeeper and successfully registering there.

> Is this correct?
> There is something else that I have to do?
>
> Thanks everyone that can help me....
>
> Bye, Pippo Pippo

Regards.
Dimitris Daskopoulos