Re: Configuration of GnuGk and openmcu

Hi pippo.

pippo pippo wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> can someone help me about the configuration of gnugk and openmcu?
> I want to run gnugk and openmcu in the same machine with IP address
> 192.168.0.1

That's fine, you can run them both on the same machine.
GnuGk utilizes ports 1719 and 1721 by default
and OpenMCU utilizes port 1720 by default.

> I suppose that in the configuration file of the gatekeeper I have to add
> this lines:

Make sure you start off by selecting a sample GnuGk config from the distribution.

> [RoutingPolicy::OnARQ]
> default=vqueue,explicit,internal

yes, that will do, even though you don't necessarily need vqueues.

> [CTI::Agents]
> VirtualQueueRegex=^([^m]|m[^c]|mc[^u]|mcu[^_]).*$
>
> ...are these line right? Do I add something else?

You probably do not need the vqueue section.
Start with a sample GnuGk config
and avoid authentication of endpoints to begin with,
so all endpoints are allowed to register freely.
Once working, think about securing your GnuGk.

> The configuration of openmcu may be this:
>
> [Options]
> username=mcu
> listenport=1718
why change the default port of 1720?

> require-gatekeeper=True
This is needed, to trigger gatekeeper registration.

> gatekeeper=192.168.0.1

I think you can only specify the --gatekeeper option on the OpenMCU command
line. Run openmcu --help to view the available options.

Start OpenMCU with --execute --console --ini-file ~/.pwlib_config/openmcu.ini
--gatekeeper 192.168.0.1
where ~/ is the home of the user starting OpenMCU and the ini file contains
something like this:

[Parameters]
Username=openmcu
Password=
Log Level=4
HTTP Certificate=server.pem
HTTP Port=1420
Gatekeeper Mode=Use gatekeeper
Interface Array Size=0
Enable video=True
Video frame rate=10
Video quality=10
Default room=main
Connecting WAV File=/usr/share/openmcu/sounds/connecting.wav
Entering WAV File=/usr/share/openmcu/sounds/entering.wav
Leaving WAV File=/usr/share/openmcu/sounds/leaving.wav
Call log filename=/var/log/openmcu/openmcu.log
Force split screen video=False

Looking at the logs on the console, you should see OpenMCU trying to discover
the gatekeeper and successfully registering there.

> Is this correct?
> There is something else that I have to do?
>
> Thanks everyone that can help me....
>
> Bye, Pippo Pippo

Regards.
Dimitris Daskopoulos