RE: load balancing for a 1000 concurrent calls flow

Why didn?t You look for a solution using neighbors, so that all resolvs the
same routes, and define EP capacity from every GW that You will use?

Edson.

From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of samuel
schmidlin
Sent: quarta-feira, 26 de abril de 2006 09:14
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  load balancing for a 1000 concurrent calls flow

Hi to all,

I read the parent ? child approach, and the alternate GK approach to do load
balancing.
Between these 2 methods which one is more appropriated for load balancing?

As I told you before we have a traffic of about 1000 concurrents calls in
proxy mode. So I guess we would need a lot of GKs.

I?m thinking about an architecture like this:

              Child GK1
             /       .
            /        .
           /         .
Parent GK /_ _ _ Child GK4
          \          .
           \         .
            \        .
             \ Chid GK n (maybe 10 or even more)

We have to route calls from originating H323 gateways to terminating H323
gateways.
Is this architecture a good solution for that kind of routing?

I read about the Linux Virtual Server Project.
Is this project compatible with the parent ? child approach in GnuGk, or is
it a completely different project?
If compatible, how to use GnuGk and Linux Virtual Server together?

Thanx for your help.

Best regards,
Samuel

Tel: +33-556-861-622