Re: Help on SRV

Read H.323 Annex O
download from
http://www.packetizer.com/voip/h323/standards.html

For GNUGK the records would be
Registration
_h323rs._udp            IN      SRV     0 0 1719 gk.mysite.com.
Location
_h323ls._udp            IN      SRV     0 0 1719 gk.mysite.com.
Call Signal
_h323cs._tcp            IN      SRV     0 0 1721 gk.mysite.com.

It depends what service you want to use your gatekeepers with.

So for registration information on multiple GnuGK's
_h323rs._udp IN SRV 0 2 1719 gk1.mysite.com. // Highest priority
_h323rs._udp            IN      SRV     0 1 1719 gk2.mysite.com.

You should only use this FOR redundancy reasons. If you want to do load sharing etc then you should use the alternate gatekeeper settings in GNUIGK.

For Call Signalling
_h323cs._tcp            IN      SRV     0 2 1721 gk1.mysite.com.
_h323cs._tcp            IN      SRV     0 1 1721 gk2.mysite.com.

Unregistered callers would call me@xxxxxxxxxx and the first attempt would go to gk1 and then gk2

GNUGK does not support these types of services however it was recently added to OpenH323 so future version may support it.. PacPhone http://www.pacphone.com currently only supports _h323cs._tcp, the next version will support _h323rs._udp as well.

Simon