routing test

indeed, and I have been inspecting the debug output using telnet for
sure - it's invaluable

I was really wondering if there was a tool/command-line for inquiring
after an endpoint from a specific gatekeeper using an LRQ message to
stimulate the GK into initiating its own LRQ chain of inquiry and to see
what happens

I can see what happens (thru the port 7000 debug) when an endpoint makes
a call through a chain of ARQs through the GKs/parents/children, but I
wanted to verify if the LRQs would follow a similar pattern...

I have read there is a hop limit to LRQs that can be imposed too - does
that mean that the lookup would "give up" if it was too short and just
come back as LRJ?? And does the lookup return with a result from the
first matching prefix, or would it (if allowed) go through until the
specific endpoint was found and return the info for that (hence my
ep2/GK2 question)??