gnugk refusing remote relaying to local GW

hello list,

i am having a strange problem. I am using gnugk (2.2.3-2 mostly) and have this setup:

[gnugk1]----[cisco1]----[gnugk2]----[cisco2]

gnugk1 knows cisco1 and gnugk2 as neighbor
gnugk2 knows all as neighbors

i am registering a client at gnugk2 and another on gnugk1. I can make the call to and from these 2 users when they are both online.

cisco2 is a gateway to the regular phone system, so if you call a user with phone 12345 at cisco2 and he has his voip phone connected he gets a reroute to his voip, if not he gets a call at his regular phone.

what i need to do is extend the service by adding at gnugk2 the ability to register the same users with their soft(ware) phones (line netmeeting/openh323 etc). if they are using it then they get the calls at their computers, else the call get routed to the cisco2- gateway and then to their voip or regular phones etc.

I have finished the setup (includes authentication via ldap via radiusd) but I have a problem. Users registered at gnugk2 CAN call other users located at cisco2 but users registered at gnugk1 that try to call the users at gnugk2 don't get re-routed to cisco2 when they are not online and get instead an LRJ with no apparent reason. Local users at gnugk2 CAN call cisco2 users..

any ideas why this is not working?

--ktolis