Strange behaviour GnuGK 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 on FreeBSD

Hello

I am facing some strange behaviour with GnuGK 2.2.2
(FreeBSD 5.4) and 2.2.3 (FreeBSD6.0). First one,
downloaded from gnugk site as executable and the
second one compiled by me (PTLib  1.8.0, OpenH323
1.15.0,pthreads=1,radius=1,mysql=1,pgsql=1,large_fdse
=8132).

Both are working fine for normal endpoints connected
directly on Fast Ethernet to Internet.

I have now a loot of Patton-Inalp Devices which are
coming over DSL connection with PPPoE enabled.

For this endpoints I cannot make calls out, only
receive in.
While looking through the logs I found that the GnuGK
is seeing that the remote endpoint it is dropping the
connection during the h225 negothiation.

Here is the answer which came from Inalp Support:

> we found out the potential problem. It seems to be a
TCP problem.

> In the ethereal trace we found out, that the proxy
server
> disconnects the TCP connection of our setup.
>
> When we open the TCP connection for the h225 setup,
and we receive
> te first ack (with the Windowsize still 0), we send
back an ACK,
> with one Byte of Data. After that, the remote side
sends us a fin
> ack, with the windowsize about 65000. Therefore we
will finish the
> call, since the remote party disconnected our TCP.
>
> Since with the debugs turned on the Smartnode will
process the
> messages slower, maybe the ACK with Windowsize 65000
receives the
> smartnode before he starts to send the setup, and
therefore the
> calls are working.
>

> Please try to find out, why your server disconnects
our TCP
> connection, and let me know the results.

The strange thing is that I don't have this problem on
Linux, with 2.2.3 executable downloaded from your site
(Fedora Core3).

Does somebody have any clue about what can possible
cause my problem?
Moreover, can somebody tell me the openh323 and PwLib
versions used while compiling the  linux 2.2.3-2
executable file presented on the site? Maybe there is
something wrong in the versions I have compiled the
gnugk with (as well as the exe on the site)

Thank you in advance for any kind of suggestion!

Cheers,
Dan