RE: Could we call this a CRASH?

This seems like a socket issue. Try increasing the number of sockets that your process is allowed to use. I believe I posted this bug a long time ago, not sure if the latest versions of gnugk have fix this issue.

Freddy

From: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bahram S. Biria
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:05 PM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Could we call this a CRASH?

Hi,

Because of the other issue that I have (dcc 41 on versions higher than 2.2.1) I used version 2.2.1 until it gets clear how the issue with dcc 41 could be addressed on the newer versions.

The version 2.2.1 seems to work fine without a major problem on disconnecting or dropping calls. But after awhile of working I will lose the connection to it. The calls wouldn't get terminated through it and trying to telnet to status port would result the following

[root@MTGK01 root]# telnet 127.0.0.1 7000
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.

The process is available and the process usage shows almost the same usage as when the calls were getting terminated. I've never had an online call when this happened so I cannot say what would happen to the online calls in this situation.

In the logs also there is nothing interesting. The log has the regular result for the calls and nothing more.

Could we call this a Crash on GNUGK? Is it a known issue and if so is there any remedy to not get into it?

Thanks,

Bahram.