RE: Some basic setup questions

Stewart,

I'm not really seeing any useful error information, regardless of
logging level - I see "IRR Received", then 9 seconds later, it times out
with a "DRQ Received" message.  And I'm still seeing no traffic attempt
to go outbound at all from the gatekeeper (via tcpdump) - it doesn't
seem to be even attempting the connection.

Right now, I'm simply trying to connect two instance of MyPhone - one
inside the network, and one outside the network.  There is just one GK,
which is inside the network, protected by firewalling.  The outside
device is currently unable to register with the GK, due to firewall
rules.  Is it possible to make calls to the outside endpoint, without
having it registered to the GK?  I'd like to avoid that stipulation, if
possible.  I configured the outside MyPhone to not use a GK.

MyPhone (NAT) -> GK -> firewall -> MyPhone (NAT)

I added this information to the config:

[RoutedMode]
AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1

[RoutingPolicy]
Default=explicit,dns

[RasSrv::PermanentEndpoints]
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx=TEST_CLIENT  (outside IP configured here)

[RasSrv::ARQFeatures]
CallUnregisteredEndpoints=1

[Gatekeeper::Main]
NetworkInterfaces=[interfaces]

I try to connect via IP or "TEST_CLIENT", but neither works.  I'm not
entirely sure how to allow calls by IP - I'm hoping I configured that
properly in the RoutingPolicy section.  I have not tried 2.0.9, but the
external IP is configured as a loopback on the host, so I'm not sure if
the NetworkInterfaces element is really needed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Jason