Re: CONNECT message

The optional speicifier guarantees only that the call will not be dropped
in case of module failure.

----- Original Message ----- From: <smy@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:39 AM

I just want to clearify if this is a possible bug or not.  This "Possible" bug
(please do correct me if I'm wrong) which I'm referring to is the delay of the
call when MySQL can not be reached by Gnugk while setting SQLAcct=optional. Should there even be a delay of connecting the call at all? or the 2 sec or
more of a delay is a normal behavior by gnugk??

Best Regards,
Sam.

Quoting Zygmuntowicz Michal <m.zygmuntowicz@xxxxxxx>:

What do you mean by "bug"? The behavior is correct.

----- Original Message ----- From: <smy@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 11:33 AM

I have finally found the source of my problem.

My 2 sec delay was due to the gnuk failing to connect to the MYSQL server
correctly.  Since I have set SQLAcct=optional under [Gatekeeper::Acct], t=
he
call actually went through as described in the manual, but it affected the call
by a 2 sec or more delay during connection.

Is this a possible bug? Since I though if I have set SQLAcct=optional, it should
affect the overall operation of the gnugk even if the SQL was not present.

So right now, I will try and remedy this by getting a backup MYSQL server up and running. By the way, can gnugk possible support a secondary MYSQL server so that
if the primary fails, it falls to the secondary?

Thanks for all the efforts you all gave in this regards!

Best Regards,
Sam.