Von: openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openh323gk-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Nyamul Hassaan
Gesendet: Samstag, 10. September 2005 10:59
An: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: AW: Please help regarding calls drop

Exactly.  All connections with Bangladesh, in the absence of any "submarine cable" connectivity to the internet backbone, go via satellite, which pushes the latency to somewhere between 650ms and 900ms depending upon the destination.

All our VoIP calls go via these types of connectivity, and is of "acceptable" quality.  May not be premium quality, compared to connectivity between other countries / locations, but this is the best we get, and the delay is easy to get used to.

However, when we have to go via TWO satellite connections, then the latency goes up to 1300ms - 2000ms which does make things less acceptable, and we do get complaints from our customers on that.

Regards
HASSAAN