Re: Help

make debug && get coredump && extract stack backtrace && send us this info
=> maybe we will be able to fix it:-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nour Omar" <nouromar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:30 PM

I had the same problem with GnuGK 2.2.3 and LARGE_FDSET=4098. For 2 days it was having 1 crash everyday. Now I went back to GnuGK 2.2.2 without LARGE_FDSET. So I don't know if it is because of the LARGE_FDSET or something is wrong with GnuGK 2.2.3. I never tried GnuGK 2.2.2 with LARGE_FDSET. GnuGK 2.2.2 too crashed on me sometimes but it is rare maybe once a month.
I don't know if I can get log because I was running in production with trace off when it crashed.

Jan Willamowius <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Muhammad,

to trace this problem, could you please post a level 5 trace from GnuGk
that shows the crash ?

You may also want to take a look at the wrapper script in the contrib
directory that restarts GnuGk automatically after a crash.

Regards,
Jan

Muhammad Asif Ali wrote:
I am having this problem of GnuGK crashing for no apparent reason.
I've used
the version GnuGK 2.2.3-2, OpenH323 1.15.3 & PWLib1.8.4 & using
standard
configure & compile options except for specifying large-fdset=2048 for
GK.
Now GK's service runs fine for few hours but after that I get a
message on
wuerying its status that "GNUGK dead but Pid exists". System Logs does
not
contain any error info, neither does the GK logs. I'm not sure whether
the
problem is with compilation or the service, if some1 could give me a
clue on
digging it out.
Regards