Why by default SendReleaseCompleteOnDRQ is set to 0?

Hi,

Why by default SendReleaseCompleteOnDRQ is set to 0? In a proxy mode and when h225 routed through GK SendReleaseCompleteOnDRQ by default it should be set to 1. Whether this configuration parameter evolved due to any implementation issue in GNUGK? I my opinion this should be always set to 1.

for reference I am attaching the information from GNGUK configuration guide

SendReleaseCompleteOnDRQ=1
Default: 0
On hangup, the endpoint sends both Release Complete within H.225/Q.931 and DRQ within RAS. It may happen that DRQ is processed first, causing the gatekeeper to close the call signalling channel, thus preventing the Release Complete from being forwarding to the other endpoint. Though the gatekeeper closes the TCP channel to the destination, some endpoints (e.g. Cisco CallManager) don't drop the call even if the call signalling channel is closed. This results in phones that keep ringing if the caller hangs up before the callee pickups. Setting this parameter to 1 makes the gatekeeper always send Release Complete to both endpoints before closing the call when it receives DRQ from one of the parties.

Regards,
Senthil Vinayagam