Re: Gatekeeper restarts

The new IRR check only affects active calls, so it won't help when
endpoints without active calls loose the network.

The case you are mentioning is also not solved by the IRR check.
KeepAlive also doesn't solve it completely, but at least gives a better
chance to detect the socket error when we send that ReleaseComplete.

Nour Omar wrote:
> Jan,
> I'm wondering if this IRR feature is a replacement to tcpKeepAlive
feature or the 2 have different functionality and purpose.  I was
thinking about using IRR feature instead of tcpKeepAlive, then I thought
what would happen if call is not disconnected because Release message is
lost but the endpoint is still connected and responding to  IRR message?
> let me/us know what you think.
> Thanks
>
> Jan Willamowius <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nour,
>
> Gnugk will terminate an active call if it doesn't receive the IRRs and
> then after the TimeToLive the endpoint will be deregistered.
>
> All changes (code and docs) are only in the CVS right now.
>

> Nour Omar wrote:
> > Jan,
> > What would be the gatekeeper action if it does not receive IRR in
the
> specified frequency?
> > I checked online manual and did not see your changes. Is it in CVS
> too?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jan Willamowius wrote:
> > I just added another feature that helps detect network problems:
> > Now you can set the irrFrequency in ACF and check if both endpoint
> keep
> > sending them periodically. This is especially usefull when you don't
> > want a short TimeToLive for all endpoint registrations (eg. because
> > they are idle most of the time and ypu don't want the load), but you
> > want to monitor those involved in a call very closely.
> >
> > Its in both the 2.0 and 2.2 CVS branch. Check the manual on the
> > [CallTable] section.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Jan
> >
> > PS: I hear the SourceForge does maintenance and parts of the CVS may
> not
> > be available today. Just try.
> >

> > Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
> > > Make sure you have TimeToLive set to some reasonable
> > > value in the config and your endpoints support ttl reregistration.

Testing

http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf