RE: failed and retry?

Marc,

It permits load sharing between multiple gateways
when all the EP's have identical priorities.

I have multiple GWs in most destinations, and I
load share between all the GWs at each location
by setting ALL the Priorities to 1.

It also allows you to use the capacity value to define
that EP1 has a maximum of 24 channels available, perhaps
with a priority of 1.

Then EP2 has a capacity of 24 but it's priority is 2.

So, when EP1 fills I'll starting using EP2 - perhaps the
voice quality isn't as good for EP2, etc.?

I use the values for load sharing myself.  And I can do
maintenance by adjusting the priority of the EP's to
direct traffic to where I want it to go.

Steve Miskowitz
Planet Telecom

> So what's the purpose of the "GatewayPriority" command in [EP::] zone ?

Marc

Le 24 juin 05 à 22:42, Steve Miskowitz a écrit :

> Jerry,
>
> No.  There have been several posts in the last 2-3 weeks
> indicating that the GNUGK makes 1 and ONLY 1 attempt to
> route a call.
>

> On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 16:35, Fu wrote:
>
>> really want to know if GNUGK support this: if a call failed on
>> priority 1 gw, will it retry priority
>> 2 GW; if Yes, how to setup?
>>

>> Thanks in advance
>> Jerry

This email was scanned by:  Mcafee GroupShield
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idt77&alloc_id492&opĚk