To: <openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 5.x SMP & GnuGk 2.2.1

That's interesting, please share with your observations
when you have some more details.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Riedinger" <riedinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 2:01 AM

I had some days ago problems with the exact the same configuration: FreeBSD 5.3 with SMP kernel and gnugk 2.2.1.

After I booted to SMP kernel I tried to monitor gnugk by using the gnugk control center (btw - a very nice program...). I just got a screen shot that showed that there were much less calls connected than I expected (7 instead of 70). But I didnt see much more, because the system frozes some seconds after using gnugk control center. The system was no longer pingable. I dont know if it was still running and accessable by console. I "ordered" a cold start of the system.

This happend twice. Because it was a production system, I couldnt examine the problem further and switched back to generic kernel without SMP.

Thus I can give only the hint that there may be a serious problem. We will install another host with the same configuration within the next days. I will report, if I can observe these problems again.

Regards
   Jan

Version 11 adds new functionality designed to reduce time involved in
creating, integrating, and deploying reporting solutions. Free runtime info,
new features, or free trial, at: http://www.businessobjects.com/devxi/728

------------------------------------------------------- SF.Net email is sponsored by: Tell us your software development plans! Take this survey and enter to win a one-year sub to SourceForge.net Plus IDC's 2005 look-ahead and a copy of this survey Click here to start! http://www.idcswdc.com/cgi-bin/survey?id=105hix _______________________________________________________