Re: How to reload Gnugk config?

First of all - you must enter not
kill -HUP `cat /var/run/gnugk/gnugk.pid
but
kill -HUP `cat /var/run/gnugk/gnugk.pid`
i. e. symbol " ` " at the end of line.
If there is only erratum:
I haved the same behaviour when I tried to compile gnugk-2.2.2 with gcc-2.96
on kernel 2.4.20-30.
After installing gcc-3.2.2 and recompiling gnugk with it all became right.
For the first time this problem has appeared in October 2004 in version
2.2beta5
Probably the "soft" bug which is shown at the certain combinations of versions
of the compilers, used libraries and kernels, takes place.
Try to recompile your gnugk with another gcc or on another kernel.

Igor Prokhorov.