Re: Help needed on gnugk config

> Hi Arturo,

Hi Stewart, first of all thanks for your reply!

> In the config that almost worked, if the external
> NATed endpoint is not NAT-aware, and if the
> NAT it is behind is not H.323-aware, then it is
> necessary to forward ports on that NAT to the
> endpoint.  If you can use fast start and/or
> H.323 tunneling, it should work to just forward
> TCP 1720.  However, you may also need to forward
> TCP port(s) for H.245, and/or UDP ports for RTP.
> See endpoint documentation, or sniff to find out
> what they are.

I forgot about the nat problem since I was too much on the config
problem : ...  anyway I made some test and it seems that the problem
is not due to nat probelm (both of us used netmeeting and  the port
forwarding set in the right way) my friend can call me but I can't
call him ( I can call only not natted endpoint) ....  I traced some
logs but I don't know if they could be interesting.

> In your single-GK config, I don't know what's
> wrong, but IMO using cascaded NATs is just asking
> for trouble.  If you have enough addresses
> available on 192.168.1.0/24, consider setting
> up the Linux firewall as a bridge or a pseudo-bridge.
> If you need to have a separate 192.168.0 network,
> then set up the Linux firewall as an ordinary
> (non NAT) router, and add a static route to your
> main router to forward packets for 192.168.0.0/24
> to 192.168.1.3 .

I'm wondering if the "double" nat could cause the problem I have with
the both kind of setup .... I couldn't test it without nat yet ...
I'll try it asap ... meanwhile any idea and/or suggestion about this
problem is welcome :).

> Good luck,
> Stewart

Thanks again for your reply.