Suggestion

  Trying to make a PHP program to read, modify and write back the
configuration for GnuGK I stumbled upon the problem of file rights. I
would not want PHP to have the right to write over the main
configuration file. Therefore I came up with this idea:

  how about a section of the config like this:
[SQLConfig]
Driver=MySQL | PostgreSQL
Host=DNS[:PORT] | IP[:PORT]
Database=gnugk
Username=gnugk
Password=secret
Table=config

The table 'config' from database 'gnugk' could have the format (ID int
primary key, conf text) where people could write whole new configs. Once
the telnet command reload is given, gnugk reads the configuration from
the text file, then the ones in the database. Thus any program could
easily modify the parameters of gnugk including routing and such.

  Just an idea.