----- Original Message ----- From: "Costin Manda" <siderite@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 12:22 PM

Hi, it is me again. Solving all the major problems with gnugk I expected to be using it really soon, but it seems that the minor problems are getting the best of me. Please help me solve them.

1st Problem concerns the dreaded 102 error (expiry on timer recovery error).
I have been told that the problem occurs from incompatibilities in h323
implementation and that I should solve it at the endpoints. This solution
does not apply, though, firstly because I don't have control over the
endpoints and secondly because the settings proposed for a Cisco gateway for
example are for ISDN, while I deal mostly in VoIP.
Schemes:
(unknown) -> gnuGK -> VoicemasterGK or VoicemasterGW
(unknown) -> gnuGK -> ciscoGW
CiscoGW -> CiscoGK -> gnuGK -> ciscoGW or VoiceMaster
GnuGk in routed mode, no proxy
Symtomps: a LRQ is received, a LCF is sent. Then gnugk just doesn't log
anything. The originating equipment shows 102 error.

2nd problem is about hooked calls. There are calls that remain active in
gnugk for days. TCPKeepAlive is set to 1. I noticed that the originating
equipment (Cisco GW) ends the calls with error 1Bh (27) when they remain
hooked in gnugk and only this error code since I configured TcpKeepAlive and
have set up the kernel variables as instructed. Maybe it's a small slip up
in the keepalive code?

The 2nd problem I can live with, the first, though, is giving me headaches
and nightmares. :( Why can't we just... get along?!