To: <openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: multi carrier

On Thursday 17 March 2005 10:08, ozgur tuncel wrote:
Teodor,
for example our current application is as that our gws are registering to
carrier's gk with h323id, and i tested gnugk could register to same carrier
with h323id and i registered diffrent gws to my gnu. And these registered
gws to my gnu can call via carrier.

But all calls are routing to same carrier's gk.

but this is some times dangerous because if something is wrong with
carrier' s gk my gws can not call anywhere

So how can i send calls to different carrier' s gks, via gnu gk,
''However you can "speak" to your carriers either as GW-to-GW (permanent >
endpoints) or neighbors (LRQ). ''
do you mean that i do not register my gnu to carrier's gk, i should made
gw-to-gw communication betwen my gnu and carrier's gk.

That is what I mean. Once you register (via RRQ) to a parent gatekeeper, your
gateway/gatekeeper/IP phone or whatever becomes a kind of "slave" to that
gatekeeper, it will send ALL the calls there and shall not look for any other
routes.

So you can reigster your gateways to *your* gatekeeper and they shall speak
only with it, but you have to configure your GK to interact via direct H.225
signalling (GW-to-GW) or LRQ with the carriers.