whiteboard standalone

Manda,

Thank you for your opinions on my whiteboard question.
You seem to be saying that whiteboard is only a little bit useful in
a voip client, and since all of the open-source voip clients are in
a state of constant development, nobody wants to spend the time to add
strange non-voip features (like whiteboard) to the clients.
That makes sense to me.

You mentioned that there are lots of standalone whiteboard programs available.
Can anybody recommend a few of these whiteboard programs?
Will these whiteboard programs be able to tunnel through NATs and firewalls
either by themselves or with the help of gnugk?

Manda Costin wrote:

Well, app-sharing and whiteboards is not VoIP,
but something else over IP.
A lot of applications exist to do that
and almost all the open source VoIP programs (like gnugk)
are under active development and bug solving.
I guess if a h323 software reaches complete maturity,
where absolutely nothing goes wrong and there is nothing to be done,
anything can be added to it.
What I think gnugk should have is modular support,
so that people that want to add stuff to the program
can be able to do it in a clean, non patch mode.
But first things first.
This is my opinion.

Original question, Michael Kendall wrote:

Several people on this list have stated
that netmeeting is not good client software
and have recommended openphone
as a better client.
But openphone has no whiteboard.

Netmeeting has the following features:
 audio
 video
 whiteboard
 application sharing
 zero-cost
 runs on windows

Openphone lacks whiteboard and app sharing.
It seems to me that none of the free clients
listed on the h323 site
have a whiteboard or app sharing.

Can someone please suggest a voip client
that meets the following requirements:
whiteboard or app sharing
cheap or free ( no monthly bills )
runs on Windows
reliable ( unlike netmeeting )
tunnels through firewalls + NAT ( perhaps using gnugk )

Do the H323 wizards consider whiteboard
and app-sharing to be important features
for a voip client, or are they just crazy
features with little usefulness?  Is this
the reason that so few of the open source
voip clients offer whiteboard and app-share?
Please speculate.

Am I making a mistake when I look for a
voip client with an integrated whiteboard?
Is it better to look for
a standalone whiteboard program that
could be used simultaneously with Openphone
and still be able to tunnel through firewalls?
Can anyone suggest such a whiteboard program.

Any observations would be appreciated.