Re: 2.2.1 status port

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:29:27 -0500
Ray Jackman <ray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i think this is what you mean, i dont know if i need to enter any config
> params manually, i have not to date.
> i downloaded 2.2.1 from cvs yesterday and compiled with no errors.
> when i try to run i get a segmentation fault now.
> everything seems to compile cleanly, the seg fault is on the target compile
> machine. im wondering if i have to build another kernel.

  I have run into the same problem. I took the stable versions of pwlib
and openh323 from the openh323 site, then compiled the latest gnugk CVS
and it worked fine. After that I made the stupid choice of upgrading gcc
and make and trying openh323 and pwlib CVS versions. Now whetever I do I
get either really weird compilation errors (I cannot build the stable
versions of openh323 and pwlib with no errors anymore) and after I
compile the stable sourceforge versions with no problem, including gnugk,
I get segmentation fault.

  I did some reasearch on the net and asked a few friends, some of them
told me I should recompile the kernel. I have no idea if I should try it
or not, never done it before. I grew frustrated from trying to revert to
old versions of the software and not making it.

  just for comparison, what do you get when you compile the generated core?
where do your errors occur?

--
Siderite <Siderite@xxxxx>