Re: Re: Re: H323 to SIP

----- Original Message ----- From: "??.????" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: H323 to SIP

Hi all,
After the work of around 24 hours totally, I finally make the H323 to SIP
to work finally, what the .........

First of all, I missed out the port range of H323 and asterisk. I set
50000-59999 for RTP in GNUGK, but I tell asterisk to go for 10000-20000,
which seems make problem, but I didn't try that, because once I erased the
h323 channel driver (bundled one) and re-install the oh_323 from
inaccessnetwork, i correct the rtp port setting for both rtp.conf and
oh323.conf.
Secondly, SIP do really have better NAT transval. It does not need any
changes of router or router setting, but it works very kool. So I have my
asterisk as SIP registar.
In oh323.conf, make it listen to local lan address (not just 127.0.0.1 is
ok, but becareful of any crash with other application such as T38modem. This
problem i will have to fix it, by changing the port of T38modem. Hope I can
make it works tonight.
As mentioned by Assen, codec problem is really a big problem. I got core
dump in codec conversaion. For me i fix everything to G711A as it works well
for me and really i didn't care too much about the bandwidth.

 Cheers!

Yours,
Jason Chan, Hong Kong