Irritating Michal

  For a few days now I am bombarding Michal with questions regarding the
failure of about 1 call out of 3 in a setup like this:
Gw1->CiscoGk->GnuGK->Gw2

  Of course, it was not his fault, but mine, or rather my IP setup. You
see, the setup is more linke this:

Gw1->AR450 router->CiscoGk->Ar450 router->GnuGK->AR450 router->Gw2

And the router had a firewall! Now, the firewall is correctly configured,
all the IPs in this setup are configured as trusted and all traffic from
and to them is untouched (or should not be touched) by the firewall.

By disabling the firewall the failure did not occur again.

I am posting this so that other don't bump into it and not know what to
do. This is how the problem looks like:

In a call LRQ/LCF are exchanged, then CiscoGK is trying to connect to
GnuGK to channel the call. In some of the cases, the connection is not
established. What appears in the GnuGK logs is only LRQ/LCF and then
nothing. The call is not even logged. What appears in the detailed TCP
dumps is that a connection tried to be established (in the normal
three-way-handshake) but the third ACK packet is malformed and the
connection is reset. A RST with sequence number 0 is issued from the
GnuGK computer.

  The computer is running GnuGK 2.2.1 and Slackware 10.
  The router is AR450 by Allied Telesyn
  GW1 and CiscoGk are Cisco. GW2 I don't know what it is and it doesn't
matter, as the call never goes through in a bad scenario.

  Phew :(  Now I am getting a lot of 34,3,17,41 errors in the calls, but
at least the calls are being logged and I can move on.

  Thanks Michal for being so helpful!

--
Siderite <Siderite@xxxxx>