Re: Can the radius auth packets contain information about intermediaries?

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:11:36 -0500
"Freddy Parra" <fparra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems like GK1 is not in routed mode, its probably in direct mode
> which means is only exchanging LRQ, LCF, AND LRJ messages with Gnugk.
> GK1 then probably forwards ACF message to GW1 with ip address of Gnugk.
> If GK1 was set up in routed mode then you would be getting the setup
> messages from GK1 instead of GW1. Try setting GK1 to routed mode. If you
> can't set GK1 in routed mode then you will probably need to see if there
> is anyway you can put some information in ACF messages which GK1 is
> sending back to GW1. GW1 would then some how need to add that
> information that it got back in the ACF to its setup message.
>
> I'm assuming this is the flow of your calls, we would need a more detail
> debug to see what is actually going on.

  Ah, the situation is like this. I am trying to use GnuGK and
FreeRadius to bill wholesale voip and I am trying to implement two ways
of authorising calls:
1. gateways registered to the GnuGK
2. Gatekeepers that are neighbors to GnuGK and that send the calls from
gateways that I shouldn't care about.

now, situation 1 is pretty straightforward, situation 2 has two
variants:
a. the client GK is in routed mode
b. the client GK is NOT in routed mode

I switched to GnuGK because a Cisco GK (that I am using to test this
setup as a neighbor now) would not give me the reliable logging GnuGK
seems to be doing. Maybe it isn't in routed mode, maybe it is. I have no
idea how to translate this to a Cisco machine, however, I know that in
both cases A and B I need some sort of information regarding the
originating gatekeeper, as I usually don't have control over it.

  Thank you.

--
Siderite <Siderite@xxxxx>