Re: Problem running GNUGK

German,

You compiled pwlib, openh323, and openh323gk with the default opt
target, which means use shared libraries.  That's the "Shared object"
errors you are getting.
To make it work that way requires some more advanced Unix ADMIN work.
YOu needed to run   make install in the pwlib and openh323 directories
to install the shared libs into /usr/local/lib (usually).
BUT, you need to update the system's linker with WHERE are the places
to look for the libs.  I use FC2 Linux, and I had to modify
/etc/ld.so.conf  and ADD  /usr/local/lib to the places to look.
Then I had to run  ldconfig (as root) to update the linker.

THEN I could run the gnugk binary without the error you are receiving.

Your OS may be different, or already have /usr/local/lib added.

I would recommend you make clean in pwlib, openh323, and openh323gk
and then use run    make optnoshared   in each directory.

BUT, you'll have to modify the pwlib's configure script first.
You need to change the line:
STDCCFLAGS="$STDCCFLAGS -fno-exceptions"
STDCCFLAGS="$STDCCFLAGS -fexceptions"

and then run your ./configure again for pwlib.

THEN  you can finally compile all again, using   make optnoshared

IF you forget to change the pwlib's configure script.  When you compile
openh323gk you'll get an error telling you to make the above change.

good luck, ......

Steve Miskowitz