Re: Logout Request for ATA

> Hi List,
> I am using gnugk and cisco ATA 186. When I plug in the
> broad band cable, gnugk receives a RRQ as i have put
> RRQ in RADAuth. this is working fine. But when I
> unplug the cable i am not receiving any request.

This is normal.  The GK has to determine that
the endpoint has "disappeared" by means of a timeout.

> My
> problem is I have to update my database as and when
> the ATA is Plugged in and plugged out. I have to do
> few updations. I have put RadAuth= required;RRQ,URQ.
> But it is not working.
>
> How do I solve it ? Please help

In your configuration file, set e.g.
TimeToLive=300

This means that if the GK does not "hear from"
the ATA for 300 seconds, it will send an IRQ and,
if it gets no response, the ATA will be unregistered.

In your ATA configuration, set e.g.
GkTimeToLive to 300.

This will cause the ATA to reregister every 300 seconds.

If you set these timeouts too short, you will waste some
network bandwidth.  If you set them too long, it will
take longer for the GK to recognize that the ATA is gone.

> Regards
>
> Jagan

--Stewart