Re: RE: Re: Quintum With Gnugk Problem

  Jan,

 I have not reported any problems with Quintum. Initialy I reported that they
work: A400/A800, D-series + CMS. Later than some guy (tyang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
has overwritten my notes.

I have reported a working config, which you have quoted below. It was just
an example. There is no need to post any example configs as there is nothing
tricky nor in Quintum setup, neither in GnuGK.

1. To register Quintum as an endpoint into GnuGK you just configure the
H323SIG (H323GW for the older series) and then describe the H323ID + IP
(depends on your authentication type at GnuGK) of Quintum at the RRQAuth
section of Quintum.

2. For direct H.225 signalling (a.k.a. "permanent endpoint"), you just
   setup a static route (sr) in Quintum pointing to GnuGK. Quintum also
   allows you to change the call signalling port the other side accepts
   requests on.
   On the GnuGK side you allow GnuGK to accept calls from unregistered
   endpoints and describe the IP of Quintum as a permanent endpoint.

3. For LRQ (remote zone routing) you set again a static route, but configure
   the type of route as gatekeeper, not gateway. In GnuGK you set the IP of
   Quintum as a neighbour.

   It is very simple and straighthrough. The above config will work with any
   (well, almost any) gatekeeper/softswitch.

   Just because somebody has "dizzy" hands, we shall not blame any of the
   vendors :)

   Let us close the thread, please.