Re: Can't reply problem

Hi Terry,

If the GK has a private IP and is behind a NAT router, then
you must set NetworkInterfaces to specify the private and
public addresses.  For example, if the GK has IP 192.168.0.100
and the NAT has public IP 1.2.3.4, then set
NetworkInterfaces=192.168.0.100/24,1.2.3.4/0

Also, you have to configure the NAT to forward required ports
to the GK.  Since registration is working, you probably have
already forwarded UDP 1719.  You also should forward TCP 1720,
and any required H.245 and RTP ports.  If all your endpoints
work properly with H.245 tunneling, or they can use fast start
and don't need any advanced calling features, then you won't
need H.245 ports.  Otherwise, assign a range with
H245PortRange and forward those TCP ports across the NAT.

Assuming that you have administrative control of any NATs
with endpoints behind them, then you can probably turn off
all the [Proxy] options, and you won't need any RTP ports
for the GK.  Otherwise, assign a range with
RTPPortRange and forward those UDP ports across the NAT.

If an endpoint is behind a NAT, you need to forward
TCP 1720 to it, as well as RTP ports and possibly H.245 ports.
See the endpoint documentation to know which ports are used.
The RCF console message should show both the private and the
public IP addresses.  If the endpoint has a public IP, you
need to open the above mentioned ports on the firewall.

If it still doesn't work, please state what kind of endpoints
you are using, what types of NATs or other routers are involved,
what version of gnugk you are running on what platform, and
what goes wrong (e.g. called phone rings but there is no audio
in either direction).  Also, include some trace output from the
GK, and any debug info provided by the endpoints.

--Stewart