Re: Avaya 4606 IP Telephone

Maybe you need to contact Avaya support and ask
if the phone can work with non-Avaya products.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arvanitis Kostas" <arvanit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 2:36 PM

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 14:31, Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
You may want to check what URQ reason
the phone sends to the gatekeeper.

When I view the Unregistration Request from inside Ethereal (version 0.10.3) is shows a part of the response as "nonStandardData", which contains (among other things) a "nonStandardIdentifier". There is no section with anything like "URQ reason" in the packet. (Which I assume stands for UnRegister reQuest.)

In the registration request from the phone there is also a "nonStandardData" section, with (among other things) a "nonStandardIdentifier".

Is it possible that this is part of some proprietary extension, which of cource GNU Gatekeeper does not understand and so fails to respond according to what the phone expects? I can provide the trace file if anyone is interested.