Didn"t accept the call error, REVISED

Hello,

To make things clearer I decided to write again where the problem really is because we are turning around in a circle.

So, I have GnuGK configured to accept any registration of endpoint, then configured to register GnuGK with parent GK which is located in outside network behind NAT (GnuGK behind NAT, Parent GK – public IP) and I have, THIS IS IMPORTANT, NetworkInterfaces set to 192.168.120.32/24 (Local network). Other settings are irrelevant (but still same like before).

Now I register with 2 local endpoints to GnuGK and try to call each other – OK, call established

And the other test, call from local endpoint to Parent GK destination – OK, call established

As you can see, everything is ok, I can place calls inside my local network ok to destinations handled by Pareny GK.

BUT NOW THE INTERESTING THINGS WILL COME

When I change NetworkInterfaces to 192.168.120.32/24,212.5.203.53/0 (the second - public IP of my NAT) and again I will do some tests.

Try to establish call between 2 local endpoints – OK, call established

Call from local endpoint to Parent GK destination – FAIL, DIDN’T ACCEPT THE CALL error appears in GnuGK log and call is dropped!!!

So let’s make some summary.

In the first case, everything passed successfully so this is a proof that all communication needed is correctly allowed by all FWs, NATs on the way.

In the second case the only different thing is NetworkInterfaces set to another value (no reconfiguration of NAT, FW …) and it FAILs to establish call with parents GK destination.

And this is the major problem, no matter external endpoints, wrong IPs sent in messages or even no RTP streams working properly (not tested)

Answers to Stewart Nelson:

The reason why any broadcasts aren’t received may be that I’m doing this tests often about midnight so whole corporate LAN is ‘dead’ I think there is only one another server running except mine.

Behind long respond times can be also the fact that I’m filtering SSH packets and it’s pretty lot of traffic because of writing log info on screen.

Hmm … I can’t see blinking LED trough SSH :D But I will have to go there in near future.

I’m not running any FW on my machine.

The company uses HW firewall (NAT) so I can’t use my server instead of it and another public IP is not available to me. I maybe can put GnuGK machine into DMZ zone but this is insecure – I don’t want to do that.

I hope this revising :-) helped to make things clearer, thanx to all of you for your support I appreciate it.

Best regards, Igor