Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unable to establish call: x.x.x.x:port didn"t accept the call error, to Zygmuntowicz Michal

Hi Igi,

Although I don't know why, I suspect that Ethereal is
somehow not capturing the whole story.  There are two
reasons for this belief.  First, the -with-ifs capture
lasted 17 seconds, yet did not contain a single broadcast
packet.  Most company LANs have several packets per
second of ARP requests, DHCP requests, various
discovery protocols, service announcements, etc.
Does the NIC card on the GK have a light that blinks
for network activity?  When the GK is idle, do you
see blinks?  If so, Ethereal should see the traffic.

Also, looking at both -with-ifs and -test, except for
Setup, GnuGK responded within 60 milliseconds for
every packet received, e.g. RRQ in -> RCF out, or
ARQ from client -> ARQ to parent.  However, the
response times from Setup to Release Complete were
much longer, 133 and 462 milliseconds.  I don't think
that this delay just happened to be caused by a higher
priority process, because it occurred twice in the
same place.  Unless there is a bug in GnuGK, it seems
unlikely that it was computing all this time -- 462
milliseconds is an awful lot of code.  So, I suspect
that GnuGK was waiting for (and received) a response
from the network.

Are you running iptables or other firewall software
on the GK machine?  (This doesn't look like a firewall
problem, because dropping a packet should result in
a timeout of several seconds, and rejecting a packet
should result in a much quicker reply, but just to
rule out all possibilities ...)

If you decide not to fight this problem, do you have
a spare public IP for the GK?  If not, can you run
it on the NAT machine, or have it act as your NAT?

--Stewart