Re: Unable to establish call: x.x.x.x:port didn't accept the call error

Hi Igi,

Wow.  It indeed appears that GnuGK is acting as if it got
a 'connection refused' from 62.65.191.19 port 32769, but it never
even sent out a SYN packet to open the TCP.  This is way beyond
my expertise.  Perhaps Michal knows what's happening.  Otherwise,
you may need to look at the code and/or add your own tracing
statements.

However, you might try setting H245Routed=1 and turning off
fast start in the client.  The call still may not work, but
the Setup will now be much simpler and it might get correctly
forwarded to the parent GK. A later failure would then give a
clue about what's wrong.

A few comments:

Do you have any control over the RadioLAN NAT?  If not,
unless IPhone has some NAT traversal logic, you may not
be able to receive calls.

At my home in Reno, I am served by a similar wireless ISP
(though no NAT is involved).  The radio system is just a
bridge, so I can connect multiple hosts to it with a switch,
and be assigned several IP addresses by their DHCP server.
If you can do the same, you could eliminate the cascaded
NATs (if that proves to be a problem).

> RCF received from parent GK contains IP of NAT box as signaling IP -
> shouldn't be the IP of parent GK sig. IP ? Line 177 of error stream
> Can be cause of this a nonStandardData 'IP=212.5.203.53' sent in RRQ ?

A agree that it seems wrong, but GnuGK should not be using that
value, because it must send ARQ for every call.
http://www.packetizer.com/in/q14.html

> RRQ by IPhone contains external IP of Home NAT (uff) as sig. addr. Line
> 289

I would not expect that address to appear in any packets.  I don't
think that it relates to your present problem, but may cause trouble
when you get further.  I would suspect that your home NAT is somewhat
H.323-aware, but IPhone (which I know nothing about) or the OS (e.g.
Telephony service) could also be responsible.  You could use Ethereal
at home to see where this is happening, or try using a port other
than 1719 for RAS (if IPhone permits it; set UnicastRasPort to match).

Good luck,

Stewart