Unable to establish call: x.x.x.x:port didn't accept the call error

Hello,

Recently I wrote to this list for help with NetworkInerfaces option, because I’m using NAT.

There was a problem with sending wrong IP (local) to remote GK. When I added the NetworkInerfaces option, addresses have been sent correctly but it started to generate another error that wasn’t there before.

This post can appear a little long J but I tried to write everything that I discovered till now and every detail of scenario used.

I’ll be very grateful if someone can help me with this because I’m desperate already.

I hope this will be not only some little configuration error and I’ll not look like dummest person on Earth J

Here is my scenario:

GnuGK (Child GK) – 192.168.120.32 -> Company NAT (embedded device - router) – 212.5.203.53 -> Clarent GK (external Parent GK) – 62.65.191.19

IPhone – 192.168.1.100 -> Home NAT – 192.168.121.51 -> ISP NAT – 217.172.148.1 -> Internet -> Company NAT (dnat 1719, 1721 forwarded) – 212.5.203.53 -> GnuGK  (NAT is everywhere grrrr J

So, with external IPhone I’m able to register with GnuGK with no problem, but when I try to establish a call to destination handled by parent GK phone sends ARQ this is resent by GnuGK to parent GK which respond with ACF to gnugk this is sent to phone respectively (this is OK) and then phone sent CS: setup OpenLogicalChannel to gnugk which generates error x.x.x.x:port (parent GK) DIDN’T ACCEPT THE CALL and relase the connection (CS: RelaseComplete) but no packets are sent to parent GK so why the error?

When I comment out NetworkInterfaces line I’m not even able to register with gnugk from external networks so I tried to call from localhost (the only option for me because I use SSH – no access to local net.) and had following result: I successfully registered with parent GK (with wrong signaling IPs - local), I registered to gnugk with ohpone, I tried to call destination handled by parent GK and no error appeared, destination was ringing and when I hanged up, call disengaged properly (I didn’t tested RTP streams). So instead of error the setup message was sent to parent GK which responded and so on …

I have no idea how NetworkInterfaces can modify the gnugk behavior in such way (I assume its purpose is only to assign correct IP addresses to signaling messages)

I logged everything that was possible to log, read capture file many times and still unable to identify cause of this.

It seems like GnuGK simple rejects the CS: setup message with no wise reason (maybe bug ???)

I published the Ethereal capture file on adlerka.no-ip.com/capture-with-ifs

GnuGK error stream trace level 5 adlerka.no-ip.com/error-stream-with-ifs

GnuGK config file adlerka.no-ip.com/gatekeeper-with-ifs.ini

Picture of scenario adlerka.no-ip.com/scenario.jpg

Here are some useful information while reading logs:

Local IP of GnuGK: 192.168.120.32

Remote GK – Parent: 62.65.191.19

IP of NAT box: 212.5.203.53

My IPhone IP: 217.172.148.1

And here are some things that I discovered and are not clear to me:

RCF received from parent GK contains IP of NAT box as signaling IP – shouldn’t be the IP of parent GK sig. IP ? Line 177 of error stream

Can be cause of this a nonStandardData ‘IP=212.5.203.53’ sent in RRQ ? Line 81

IP address sent by IPhone contains local IP as signaling IP. Line 226

RRQ by IPhone contains external IP of Home NAT (uff) as sig. addr. Line 289

GnuGK sends nonStandardData ‘NAT=217.172.148.1’ to IPhone but it seems it’s ignoring it. Lines 363, 421

In faststart sent by phone are local addresses. Line 718 … (c0 a8 01 64 – 192.168.1.100) but these are correctly rewritten by gnugk to 212.5.203.53. Line 844 …

THE ERROR: 62.65.191.19:32769 DIDN'T ACCEPT THE CALL. Line 1712