Re: GnuGK as child GK behind NAT

> The company is using external ISP for VoIP calls and I need to link
> somehow GK (GnuGK) in the company with external one.
> So I used option of GK to act as endpoint [Endpoint] Section. This works
> well I'm able to authorize with parent GK or even place calls (I can't
> imagine why this is possible) but company is using NAT box ( I hate this
> :) and this is causing the GK to send local IP address in RRQ and not
> the public one.
> This behavior is making trouble later. I tried to set config
> NetworkInterfaces to the local network + IP of NAT box, this doesn't
> work. The GK again used local IP in RRQ, so I tried to use only IP of
> NAT box, this forced GK to use IP of NAT box in RRQ but prevented
> endpoints in the local network to work correctly because of use external
> IP in all control traffic even local.
> When I searched the net I found many articles about supporting NATed
> endpoints, but nothing about NATed child GK (GnuGK) support.

Did you try (note the /0 and the order) ?

NetworkInterfaces=192.168.120.0/24,212.5.203.53/0

If it still doesn't work, it's probably a bug.

If you can't get it fixed, you can almost certainly
work around the problem with a second physical network
interface on the GK machine, with a public IP.
Lots of users do this and register to parent with
no trouble.  (That assumes that you have a spare public
address and your security policy would allow it.)

--Stewart