AW: Routing Engine process/algorithm

Hi Michal

Thanks a lot for your answer. It gives me a quite clear picture of the
routing process.
But still there are some questions open. Please see my inline comments in
your answer below:

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards
Frank

> In short:
> 1. RasSrv::RewriteE164
> 2. Authentication (may also perform rewrite or route the call
>     to a specific alias or IP address, as in case of RADIUS,
> for example).
> 3. Check if the ARQ (or Setup) message specifies destination
>     IP address explicitly - if so, use it and go to the point 8.
> 4. Check if the first destination alias matches a virtual queue.
>     Issue a RouteRequest command and wait for RTA, after RTA
>     go to the point 1 again.

[Frank]
When jumping back to point 1 after a RTA this could, under certain
circumstances, generate a potentially endless loop. Imagine the Virtual
Queue prefix is [0-9] and the RTA command issues a numeric alias, then we
would have a loop over point 1 to point 4, right? Is the Gatekeeper aware of
such loops and does it break it?

> 5. Try to find a destination endpoint by an alias or a prefix.
>     If found, go to the point 8.

[Frank]
- Do i get it right, that destination endpoint by alias refers to the
gatekeeper's list of registred endpoints and prefix refers to GwPrefixes?
- Is there any particalur order in which this lookup is done? I.e. first a
lookup by the list of registered endpoints and if found none matching a
lookup by the list of GWPrefixes?
- And is there any particular lookup order within the list of registered
endpoints and GWPrefixes (are they sorted or just read in the order of their
registration or the order in the configuration file)?