Re: authentication

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 11:24, Joao Pereira wrote:
> Hi
> I already configured the gnugk to use the postgres DB but can someone tell me were is the authentication made? are the terminals who have to send their passwords? do the terminals pop up the users to introduce the password or the users just need to put the H323 Name in the form user!password?

Hello Joao....

the gnugk expects the sql sends him the plain password
via sql command
like:

select password from table where ... ;

use the parameters %1  and %2 to select the user id   and the gatekeeper id...
using the postgresql log, you can see what is the values passed to the
engine...

the gnugk makes the hash from the database password and compares
it with the endpoint if it maches, it register the user...